On Friday I invented a casserole and threw in some pumpkin hummus. I'll call it....
Sleep Deprivation Casserole
- Approx 3 cups cooked whole wheat pasta (I used Rotini because its my favorite!)
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- Sauteed broccoli (I used frozen, tossed in a pan with olive oil, pepper and garlic until defrosted)
- Caramelized onions
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Shredded low fat mozzarella mixed with a little Parmesan cheese
Bake at 350 covered for 20 minutes (to heat through) then uncovered for 10 minutes (to melt cheese).
It was surprisingly tasty for being a product of my tired brain, I ate some for lunch today and it was still good!
Tonight I made a giant salad:
- Chopped onion and bell pepper
- Sliced avocado
- Chopped chicken (had some leftover from the casserole above)
- Blue cheese
- Cranberry Balsamic dressing
- I added a serving of parmesean garlic pita chips as a snacky side.