Haven't taken much time to blog this week, but I did want to share with you....
- Phantom cell-phone vibrations are a real thing!
- Shuttle mockup Explorer makes the journey from KSC to JSC on a barge. My friend/fellow Mission Controller Ben posted his view.
- This awesome article from APW about weddings and feminism. Yes, you can be a bride and a feminist and wear a dress (or not) and get your makeup done all fancy (or not). Actually, you can be whoever you want to be, all the time.. especially on your wedding day! And that, in a nutshell, is what A Practical Wedding is all about.
- Vintage photos in the Disney blog from their last Mars-based space-themed ride, Mission to Mars. I don't remember the attraction, but I do remember Alien Encounter. Poor Skippy! Suspended indefinitely. (1 million bonus points if you know what I'm talking about)
- Penny for NASA makes some incredible videos about why space is so important. One of the best things about working where I do is being surrounded with passionate space geeks all day. This video brought actual tears to my eyes. Watch the video, and think about signing their petition.
Five Photos (from last weekend):
I'm an avowed nail biter, but I've decided to quit. I bought some super nail growy nail polish and am giving it my best shot!
Parents and I gave my poor old CR-V some tender loving care while they were here. Headlights were all foggy and gross, but with a $13.99 kit from the auto parts store and some old fashioned scrubbing they are almost as good as new! See?
Dan and I took the parents to Shuttlebration to see the mockup shuttle float in. It was kinda cool to see it sail across Clear Lake... even if it is a replica.
Cards Against Humanity is a hilarious, not-for-children card game. It's basically the adult version of Apples to Apples. One person flips over a black card, and the other players select a white card to fill in the blank or answer the question on the black card. The person who flipped the black card chooses the best answer. Whoever collects the most black cards wins. At right is one of the hands we played last weekend: Which white card is your favorite?
Note: Only play this with your parents if you are ok with making sex jokes in front of him (and potentially watching your father play a card that says "The clitoris" in the same round that you play "Fingering." My father is a gynecologist, so it's normal for me.)
And there you have my five Friday things! I'm off to work console tomorrow, and have to fit in 5 miles without dying in the sweltering heat while I'm at it! Happy weekend!