1. So, you might have noticed this blog was a little light on something lately... Running. Yeah, since the half marathon (over a month ago) I haven't run at all. Whoops. Tomorrow is Columbus Day so the federal employees have the day off and I have nothing on my work calendar (yes I have work to do, but no specific meetings or anything). I'm taking advantage of not having to be at work early to head out on a run. I'm hoping for an easy 3 miles or so, and looking forward to running in cool fall air rather than sweltering summer heat. Hopefully it goes ok!
2. I have noticed myself get a little, um, squishier since we stopped running regularly and I'd like to turn that around. So I'm on the look out for a strength training routine to get into, to mix with some regular short runs. Anyone have a good workout routine that doesn't require much equipment?
3. My Google Reader has been at above 400 for weeks, so today I finally just did some reading, skipping, and then hitting "mark all as read" to clear it out a little bit. Now it's at 243. So... that's progress! I wish I had time to read all the posts and comment on everything but that's not realistic, at least for now.
4. I got a new Kindle! I resisted for awhile, but it was actually planning the honeymoon that got me thinking about getting one. I don't want to take up any valuable suitcase space that could be for clothes! (I'm a notorious over-packer; I like to have choices, even on the last day of vacation) Then I heard rumblings that there was gonna be a new Kindle so I waited. It got announced a month ago and I ordered one right away but had to wait another month until they shipped on October 1st. Now it's here and I realized that I don't even know what to read. I usually just wander around the bookstore reading back covers on things that look interesting, but that's harder to do virtually. And there's SO MANY choices. What's the best thing you've read lately?
5. We had our first real cold front of the season today, where the high didn't get above 70. I know that's still t-shirt weather, but it's nice to not sweat. Dan and I are taking advantage of it to roast a chicken on the grill (in the south our grilling season starts when everyone else's ends!) so I'm gonna head over to his house for dinner.
Here's some running motivation for us all. You're never too busy, you just have to make the time. Have a good week!